Montserrat Gonzalez, L.Ac MSOM
Montserrat first tried acupuncture after a back injury at the age of 23 caused a temporary lack of control of her legs. The injury led to intense sciatic pain in both legs and instability and pain in her lower back. The first acupuncture session was interesting to her, since treating her hands and feet did not seem to be a way to help her lower back. After the first session, she was a believer! Not only did the sciatic pain and instability in her back improve, but a feeling of calmness and peace washed over her that she had not experienced from any other type of treatment. Through the course of receiving acupuncture, Montserrat noticed other benefits. Her sleep improved, her digestion improved, and the residual stress of having served in the US Coast Guard faded away. A new path appeared as Montserrat realized there were programs where she could study Traditional Chinese Medicine.
• Montserrat went on to earn her Masters of Science in Oriental Medicine from Texas Health and Science University in Austin, TX
• Board Certified in Texas including Chinese Herbology, Biomedicine, Acupuncture with Point Location, Foundations of Oriental Medicine, and Clean Needle Technique
• Missouri State Licensed Acupuncturist, L.Ac
• Treasurer of the Acupuncture Association of Missouri
• National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) Diplomate of Acupuncture
• Background in corrective movement with Certifications in techniques including the Meridian Flexibility System, Pilates, Zumba, and Energy Healing Techniques
• Acupuncture at Sea working on the Allure of the Seas, the biggest cruise ship in the world! Worked with people from all over the world and all walks of life.
• Montserrat believes every individual has a unique life story and health journey that creates a unique path toward healing. Montserrat is passionate about taking great care with each patient in order to find the most effective and healing approach.